Protected Person and Convention Refugeee

In Canada, the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decide who is a Protected Person. If the IRB determined you to be a person in need of protection or a Convention refugee or if you received a positive decision on your Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) from CIC, you are Protected Person and may apply for permanent residence with this application.

​You may also apply for permanent residence with this application if you are a member of the Protected Temporary Residents Class (PTRC). Protected Temporary Residents are individuals admitted to Canada on a temporary resident permit and who have been determined to be in urgent need of protection by a visa office.